Ripstone on the Road: TwitchCon 2016
19th September 2016
We're super excited to share that we're heading over to TwitchCon later this month to talk all things streaming!
TwitchCon is taking over the San Diego Convention Center from September 30th - October 2nd, bringing the Twitch community together for a celebration of everything great about Twitch.
We'll be catching up with our streamy friends, taking some very exciting meetings and taking part in a panel about working with developers on your channel. You can watch our panel 'Get Developers Fired Up For Your Stream' here: www.twitch.tv/twitchconsandstorm on October 1st, 2.30pm PST. We'll also be hosting the panel on our own channel.
FOLLOW US ON TWITCH
If you're heading to TwitchCon and would like to meet up/grab lunch/do shots with us, drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Hope to see some of you at the show!
Introducing the Bold Deck for Pure Hold'em
14th September 2016
Make a statement at the poker tables in Pure Hold'em with the brand new Bold DLC Card Deck. This stylish deck has been designed with the serious poker player in mind, leaving no room for distraction.
The Bold DLC Deck launched this week and is available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC via Steam.
WATCH THE TRAILER
Available now from the following online stores:
JOB OPPORTUNITY: 3D Environment Artist
14th September 2016
Overview: We are looking for an experienced 3D Game Artist to join our team, here at Ripstone.
Ripstone Publishing is an independent UK based games publisher specialising in digital distribution. Ripstone’s ethos is built on honesty, integrity and trust, founded in 2011 in order to create a bespoke service for independent game developers.
With a history of publishing video games on a number of different platforms including handheld and mobile, our focus now is on bringing quality indie games to home consoles and PC. Ripstone is best known for games such as Ironcast, Stick It To The Man and the Pure series (Pure Chess, Pure Pool & Pure Hold’em).
· Deliver high-quality 3D art on-time and within budget
· Collaborate with artists and programmers to deliver performant assets
· Model environmental props from photo-reference
· Experience with a variety of programs including Maya, Photoshop (plus ideally ZBrush & Substance Painter)
· Strong knowledge of creating textures for a Physically-Based Rendering (PBR) engine (ideally UE4)
· Extensive environment art experience is very beneficial
· Have a strong portfolio of exterior and interior environmental game assets
· Have an eye for detail and composition
· Flexibility – ability to perform well within a broad range of areas
· Adapt to the project needs, learning new software packages and workflows where necessary
· Ability to create 3D assets to a high standard
· Competent at working effectively within a deadline-driven environment
· At-least 1 years’ experience creating 3D art in the video game industry
· Self-motivated and possessing a desire to continue learning
· A strong portfolio showcasing your most recent work
· Great communicator and team player
· Some background in traditional art is very beneficial
· BA (Hons) degree in Animation, CGI, Game Art, Illustration or a related field is very beneficial
Salary dependent on experience.
Please apply via email to email@example.com
Pure Chess Grandmaster Edition: Out Now on Xbox One & PC
12th September 2016
Pure Chess has made its move onto Xbox One and Steam via PC! Join over 2.5 million players across 10 platforms to take the ultimate chess challenge. Are you a Grandmaster in the making?
Take advantage of a launch discount and bag 25% off the Grandmaster Edition on Steam until September 16.
Watch the trailer and explore 9 detailed chess sets and 6 stunning locations and visit the Steam and Xbox stores below to take on the Grandmaster challenge.
Pure Chess Grandmaster Edition is available NOW on Xbox One and PC, as well as PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Wii U, 3DS and mobile platforms.
Twitch vs. Pure Chess: The Grandmaster Challenge
06th September 2016
To celebrate the launch of Pure Chess on Xbox One and PC via Steam this Friday, we are hosting a Twitch stream with a twist, and a very special guest...
On Friday September 9th, join us on Twitch to take on the ultimate chess challenge: battling a Grandmaster. In this exclusive world-first, viewers on Twitch will vote for moves in the chat as part of a crowdsourced game against Simon Williams, British veteran Grandmaster with a FIDE rating of 2444.
Who will win? Chess decides.
WATCH THE TRAILER